3. What are the results of Saxenda®?
It was clinically tested and proven in a study of 3,731 patients in which 85% of people taking Saxenda® lost some weight in this study. 1 out of 3 people taking Saxenda® achieved significant weight lost of more than 10%.
4. What are the side effects of Saxenda®?
The most common side effects are:
Nausea, diarrhea, constipation, headache, vomiting, low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia), decreased appetite, upset stomach, tiredness, dizziness, stomach pain, change in enzyme (lipase) levels in your blood.
Helpful tips for managing nausea:
Nausea is the most common side effect when first starting Saxenda®, but decreases over time for most people as their body gets used to the medicine. If you do experience nausea, here are some things that may help:
- Eat bland, low-fat food, like crackers, toast and rice
- Eat foods that contain water, like soups and gelatin
- Don’t lie down after you eat
- Go outside to get some fresh air